✂ DIY Black Wings

/
0 Comments

Hey, hey, hey, Halloween is only three days away! Woo! Halloween is my favorite holiday, since it's the only time it is socially acceptable to dress up and be weird. Not to mention the free candy. 

To continue on with my Halloween DIYs, I decided to show you guys how to make your own black raven wings. You can make them with household items:

- 2 pieces of cardboard measuring 17 by 6.5 inches
- 12in by 8in piece of cardboard
- A hanger
- Hot glue gun
- Black stiff feathers
- Black fluffy feathers
- Long black fluffy feathers
- Black paint
- Paintbrush
- Scissors
- 2 elastic bands

Here is the outline of the wing shape I used:


But you can use whatever dimensions and wing shape you want.
  



Here is the youtube video:


To have a polished look to your wings it is imperative that you
     1. Glue the feathers on only by the stem.
     2. Glue them on all going the same direction.



This method can also be used to create angel wings, just change up the base shape :) I bought a pair of wings from PartyCity last year only to discover that they too were made out of cardboard and wire. Why waste money, when you can DIY? 



To put it simply all I did was:

1. Get two pieces of thick cardboard and cut out identical wing shapes.
2. Then I painted them both black and laid out my feathers in an orderly way.
3. I took a smaller piece of card board (8x4 inches), painted it black and covered it in softer feathers.
4. Then I took a metal hanger and cut it into two pieces measuring 14 inches.
5. I stuck the wires through the ridges of the side of the cardboard, until both sides had a set of two             wires hanging out.
6. I hot glued on some elastic bands to the smaller piece of cardboard.
7. Finally I attached everything through the wires and ridges.



Wishing everyone a happy All Hallows Eve,
Nishi



You may also like

No comments: