✂ DIY Reconstructed Sweater

/
0 Comments

Hello! I hope that everyone has had a wonderful new year so far. In light of the new year I've decided to do some spring cleaning. But as always, I find myself with a few pieces of clothing that I just can't part with. Unfortunately they don't fit me :(

That's why I've decided to reconstruct them.

The focus of my first diy reconstruction project is this pink H&M sweater.  I've gained some weight but the sweater still fits perfectly on top :)



I’ve written everything that I did down below, but I also made a diy video:



Materials:


- Old Sweater
- Half a yard of lightweight fabric.

Steps:

First I cut the lightweight fabric diagonally in half. Then I created ruffles on the top by folding small sections of fabric over each other and then pinning them. I did this on both pieces of fabric.





Then I sewed the two pieces of fabric together so that it would be one long piece of fabric.




I cut the sweater in half along the waistline. It's now kind of like a cropped sweater.





Then I cut a band 4 inches wide from the cut piece of the sweater and then sewed it in half horizontally. It'll serve as a belt between fabrics. You can skip this step if you want but I thought that it would be a nice touch.





After sewing the "belt", I sewed on the lightweight fabric.  




Next I attached that to the cropped sweater.




Once I sewed around the sweater, all the way to the end, I sewed down the lightweight fabric to finish off the sweater.









And voila, you have a brand new sweater 😀 Enjoy!

Peace, Love, and Hijabs,
Naila <3



You may also like

No comments: