Ipsy Review: January

/
0 Comments
From now on I think I'll do my Ipsy monthly bag reviews at the end of the month, instead of the beginning. This is mostly so that I have enough time to fully test out all of the products in the bag before reviewing them. 

This month's Ipsy theme was "Fresh Start".



I received 5 products: 
  • Shimmer Powder by BelláPierre 
  • All Over Shadow Brush by Elizabeth Mott
  • Be Good. Good Day. Day Moisturizer by La Fresh Eco-Beauty
  • Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow by Pacifica
  • Into The Blue Nail Lacquer by Probelle

The makeup bag this month was all soothing colors. One side was white and the other a deep blue. The zipper a orangish pink. 



Product #1: Shimmer Powder by BelláPierre 



I've tried a BelláPierre Shimmer Powder before and quite liked their pigmentation. The swatch above was done on one try. Unfortunately it is a loose powder and can get extremely messy. But if you have the patience for it, this shimmer powder is as good, if not better, than any high end eye shadow. 

Product #2: All Over Shadow Brush by Elizabeth Mott


Love love LOVE anything Elizabeth Mott. The "It's So Big" mascara by them was my favorite until UrbanDecay came out with the "Perversion" mascara. The brush is synthetic so it holds eyeshadow pigment better. I don't know too much about brushes, but I can say that this one works pretty well. 

Product #3: Be Good. Good Day. Day Moisturizer by La Fresh Eco-Beauty



This cream comes in such a unique package. It reminds me of those overpriced organic baby food packs. As for the product itself, I think that the texture and formula is a cross between Johnson&Johnson's Baby Lotion and the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. It's extremely soft and left my skin smooth. I usually hesitate to put any type of cream/lotion, other then the two mentioned above, on my face. But La Fresh creates products that are completely organic so I think it's safe :)

Product #4: Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow by Pacifica





With Ipsy eyeshadows are usually a hit or miss. I have tan to light brown skin so not all shades work on me. Tipsy lets you review and rate all the products that they send you, and thankfully they've listened to all my ratings. The Pacifica eyeshadow is a gorgeous shimmery pastel pink similar to the color "Dust" from the Naked 3 eyeshadow palette. It's not as pigmented as Urban Decay's eyeshadow, but still as pretty. You can probably you use it to highlight your brow bone or on the inner corners of your eyes. 

Product #5: Into The Blue Nail Lacquer by Probelle




I'll be blunt and say that I didn't really like this nail polish. When I saw that I would be getting this I was excited since I didn't have this shade. But the formula is bad. It's watery; the first picture of my nails is what one layer looks like and the bottom picture is what four layers look like. The two redeeming qualities for this nail polish was the color and the fact that the end result was smooth and not bumpy. 

Overall this month's Ipsy Bag is definitely better than recent past ones. I can see myself using the La Fresh cream and Pacifica eyeshadow a lot in the future.

Peace, Love, and Hijabs,
Naila <3



You may also like

No comments: