Ipsy: March 2015 GlamBag Review

/
0 Comments

Theme: Floral Fantasy
Products: 5 ( 2 Full sized, 3 Samples)
Rating (Out of 10): 7

I am a floral junkie. When shopping, if it has a floral print then I am likely to buy it. Ipsy did very well with their March Glam Bag "campaign". All of the sneak peaks and photoshoots were gorgeously done and the bag itself is a lovely white and yellow flower print on a blue synthetic makeup bag.



Boo-Boo Cover-Up Medium Shade: 1 Star



This is the perfect example of when makeup subscriptions can go wrong. I received this concealer in the shade medium, and as you can see in the image above I am not a shade medium. Skin pigment products are always a risky chance. Thankfully this is the first time Ipsy has sent me a mismatched shade and I've been subscribed for 3 years. Not bad odds, but still I could do without. As for the formula, it does what its supposed to do. I would probably compare it to a drugstore based concealer like the Maybelline FitMe Concealer.

Pūr~lisse beauty Concealer: 5 Stars


The first time I used this, I was immediately reminded of the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. It feels and looks like a lotion and little bit goes a long way. I usually use a liquid or beaded cleanser so this was a nice change. Its perfect for people who have combination skin like myself. And I'm sure the soy milk is yummy for my skin.



Dr. Brandt Skincare Anti-aging Mattifying lotion: 3 Stars

This is a confusing product. I've tried other Dr. Brandt Skincare products and was mildly satisfied. But it seems to me that this lotion is trying too hard (does that make sense?). It's a lotion, a anti-aging cream, it fills up your pores, and mattifys your skin. But I don't think it does any of this. I've used this  lotion on its own and with BB cream, so far it does an ok job of filling in my pores but fails at mattifying.

VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind Highlighter: 3.5


VINTAGE is an up and coming indie makeup brand. Their highlighter has a pink undertone to it and it's not something I would usually use. However I really liked it. The powder was very refined and the color very pretty. Maybe this could double as a frosty pink blush?


NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick (Hunk): 4 Stars



I am soo happy with this shade. Ipsy has a tendency of sending reds, pinks, and nudes. I'm more of a vampy lip kind of girl. As for the formula of this lipstick... it is somewhere between a stain and a lip balm. It moisturizes my lips, but to really get that gorgeous purple you need to line and fill in your lips. 

Peace, Love, and Hijabs,
Naila <3



You may also like

No comments: