18th Birthday (Color Festival)

/
0 Comments
This year for my birthday I decided to do something a little different. Holi is the Hindu celebration of Spring, Holi translates to Festival of Colors. I was born in Bangladesh and my parents and family there would tell me about the colorful bursts of powder and delicious foods that would occur right before Spring. Not to mention I've seen a lot of Bollywood movies that had similar scenes. 

I can't describe how happy I was when I found out that the Color Festival would be hosted in NYC AND that it was the same week as my birthday. It happened on Staten Island at the Richmond County Ballpark. Admission was $20, $15 if you were a college student. There was also live music and yoga.






Your hand was stamped upon admission. To the side tents were set up to sell powder and other things.

The powder came in all different colors in these pouches.










Everyone got colorful.


Afterwards we decided to go to a park in Manhattan.






Then we came home and had cake :)


Overall it was an amazing day with my best friends <3

Peace, Love, and Hijabs,
Nailia <3



You may also like

No comments: